In honor of the holidays, we wanted to let you all get to know our team a little bit better. We think that since our moto is “putting patients first in everything that we do” and being a family-oriented business, it is important for you to know a little bit more about the team that is helping you every day.
We asked the team the following 6 questions:
- What is your favorite part of your job, or what is your favorite part about working at Complete Care?
- What is your favorite product?
- Why is this your favorite product?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- What is your favorite food?
- What are you thankful for?
Their answers are as followed:
Travis K.National Sales Manager
- My Favorite part about working for Complete Care is getting to know the patients I service and the satisfaction of knowing that the work I do, makes a positive difference in someone’s life.
- Besides the urethral catheter, which is one of the most important products that I help people obtain, I would say it is the Low-Profile SI Belt, back brace. It has triple woven nylon parachute cord used in a pulley system to splint your spine and decrease compression.
- I have used it in the past after waking up with pain from sleeping wrong or straining my back doing something athletic. In most cases, it only takes 20 minutes or so before I forget about the pain. The lower profile product allows me to use the brace while playing golf or doing other physical activities without interfering what I am doing.
- I like to BBQ and spend time with my dogs. I also enjoy being outdoors, especially when the weather is nice. This includes hiking, golfing, camping and skiing. I also love to eat and drink craft beer, specifically IPA’s (India Pale Ales).
- I love Mediterranean, Mexican and Italian food!
- I am thankful for my good health and the relationship I share with my friends, family, coworkers and patients. Working in this industry has opened my eyes to how fortunate I am to be happy and healthy.
Patient Care Specialist
- Being able to say “YES” to all patients that need the supplies we carry, thus allowing me to help more people without worry of insurance.
- The Vapro Pocket-
- It is soft yet firm and has a sheath on the outside to prevent anything from touching the catheter that actually goes inside to greet the bladder, thus preventing infection by not moving bacteria to the bladder. The pocket version is pretty cool and discreet also.
- Walk as many dogs as possible, basically anything to do with loving on dogs!
- Healthy Asian food that I make from scratch & Petite Syrah.
- I have SOOO much to be thankful for. My supportive husband, helpful son, wise aunt, compassionate grandma, fun neighbors, wonderful friends and the many dogs that we have rescued and found loving families for.
Senior Care Representative
Dave P.Patient Care Representative
- My favorite part of working at CCMI and doing what I do is the ability to make a positive difference for so many in such a fluid industry. Also, the daily interaction between clinical staff, industry representatives, and especially the individuals we assist with their supply needs is a unique opportunity that I thoroughly enjoy.
- I’d have to say the Rusch Belly Bag. Though the incontinence supplies that Unique Wellness has brought to market is a close second.
- The Rusch Belly Bag provides individuals utilizing a Foley (or Indwelling Catheter) a unique option, allowing for a more active lifestyle, and a more discrete urine drainage bag. It helps to prevent accidental catheter extraction, leg bruising, skin break down and abrasions.
- I enjoy anything adventurous involving outdoor recreation. I’ve recently begun a new hobby of photography and have been concentrating on youth athletics.
- Tough question as we have so many options here in Houston. But if I had to pick, I’m a sucker for tacos, crawfish, & Texas style BBQ – pulled pork.
- My wonderful and blessed family. Though some would call it a crew as there are so many of us, and because of how close we all are.
Tom C. Patient Care Representative
- My favorite part about my job is the people that I work with every day and knowing that I’m making a difference in people’s lives. God purposely places us in the positions that we’re in to make a difference.
- My favorite product is the Cure Coude catheter with guide stripe.
- It’s an excellent product made from a great manufacturer that assists patients with self cathing.
- Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, watching college and professional sports, playing golf, and enjoying my favorite shows / movies.
- Filet mignon cooked on the grill, Lobster/crab rolls, and parmesan tomato bruschetta.
- I am thankful for my relationship with the lord, my family, my friends, and my career.
Lori B. Shipping Manager
- My favorite part of my job is the ability to help improve the quality of life for our patients.
- The Cure Products
- 1% of Cure’s gross profits go to research in the urology field, the products are also very high quality and patients love them.
- Outside of work I love to play ice hockey.
- My favorite food is boiled lobster with melted butter.
- I am thankful for my health.
Sandy M.Billing Manager
- My favorite part about working for CCMI are the people here. It is a great environment where everyone pulls together to get things done and to take care of the people we service.
- My favorite product is the Ergocane.
- The Ergocane is easy to adjust, but the reason it is so great is because of their tips. The tips, which are no-slip and have stabilizing wings, are designed to mimic the human ankle, providing you with a more natural and comfortable movement, greater stability, and higher safety.
- I love to read, but I also, mostly, enjoy spending time with my family.
- My favorite food is Chocolate.
- I am thankful for good health.
Gloria D. Billing Specialist
- I enjoy working with our patients and helping them. I try to make a small difference in their lives, whether it be a smile over the phone or getting their supplies covered.
- My favorite product is the Celador Soothe and Restore Serum.
- I have Rosacea and sensitive skin, and Celador helps calm my skin. I also, like wearing it under my foundation.
- Outside of work I love to cook and do arts and crafts.
- My favorite food is Italian food.
- I am thankful to be alive since I am a cancer survivor! I am also very thankful for my wonderful family!
Susana R. Sales Assistant & Intake Coordinator
- The simple fact that everyone here genuinely cares about the pt. I have never worked for another company who give as much to people for nothing other than to help.
- Celador Daily Cleansing Rinse & Celador Soothe & Repair Serum.
- I have seen first-hand that this product truly works. It has helped with everything from sunburns to eczema break-outs in my house. A must have for sensitive skin.
- Outside of work I like to spend time with my children, read, and watch crime shows.
- My favorite food is seafood, fresh vegetables, and rice.
- I am thankful for my children, every single day (even when they drive me crazy 😊).
Ida M. Operations Manager
- My favorite part of my Job is interacting with our new patients and reassuring them that they will get well taken care of. It’s very rewarding hearing relief in their voice when they feel like they are being listened to.
- Cure twist.
- If I had to use a catheter that would be my go to because of the design. It looks like a tube of mascara which makes it discreet and when you open it the excess lube is held in the tube, so there is no need to worry about messes!
- Outside of work I love to paint.
- Italian food, Ciro’s is amazing.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to work among people who really care about the patients we help.
Kendal M.Credentialing and Shipping Assistant
- MY favorite part of working at CCMI is when a patient is so grateful for anything that one of our team members has does for them. I don’t really work with patients too much, but on occasion when I make calls I love to hear stories on how we have made their life better.
- The Owlet Smart Sock 2
- I love the idea of this product. Though I haven’t used it yet, I have gotten this for 2 baby shower gifts and the moms love it!
- Outside of work I love to hand out with my family.
- My favorite food is fruit.
- I am thankful for my family, especially my kids, Chase and Olivia.
Chris M. COO/General Council
- I enjoy the patients and talking with them. All of them are so sweet and really appreciate caring help.
- The orthopedic braces.
- My daughters are active in cheer and gymnastics and seem to always need some sort of brace.
- Outside of work, I’m a wife and mother of 3 girls, 2 dogs, a cat and a bearded dragon. I enjoy wine, camping and watching my Houston sports and my Texas College teams.
- It’s too hard to choose. I live in West Houston where there is a wide variety of international cuisines to choose from. Some of my favorites are Mediterranean, Tex Mex, Thai, Italian, Japanese and Peruvian.
- I am thankful for my health and my family.
Mark W. COO
- My favorite part of my job is the family atmosphere of CCMI. All of the team has great attitudes and are great workers!
- Compression Sleeves
- My son uses them for sports due to a medical condition and they work great to reduce pain and swelling.
- Outside of work I volunteer for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and I love horseback riding.
- My favorite food is anything Mexican, especially Tres Leches Cake!
- I am thankful for my family, they are the best to spend time with and always there to make me smile.
- It’s all about the people who work here…everyone is nice, fun and truly cares about the patients they serve.
- Urinary Catheters
- Catheters allow many people to have more freedom than they would otherwise. It also helps them stay healthy and avoid undesirable medical conditions.
- Outside of work I like to get on the tractor and become oblivious to just about anything else.
- My favorite food is really good fajitas.
- I am thankful for my son, family, friends, work, life and health.
We are missing one member of the team, Josselyn. She is out on maternity leave, and just welcomed a healthy baby girl. We miss her, but we are so happy that she gets this time to spend with her little one.
That’s a little bit about the people who make Complete Care Medical what it is. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see the posts highlighting each of them and to stay informed with what is going on at CCMI, what’s changing in the industry, and resources regarding health and wellness.